Thursday, August 26, 2004

Animal Magnetism

"Roundup" again :D

Today I heard the story of the kitty litter box and the bra, interesting concept. Mind you cats are interesting creatures. People do not own cats, cats adopt people, I know this to be true. My family has a cat, the creature I said they may have if I didn't have to clean the cat box, if I didn't have to feed it. Who would have thought the cat had different ideas. This little cat is a female, in order to keep what little order there is in the house we had it spayed.
A nice little indoor cat that sleeps the days away. Now I never was much of a person for pet psychology, but I am afraid that either the cat or I are going to have to seek professional help.
It all started just over a year ago, my oldest son moved out of the house. His room was in the basement, next to the laundry room and close to the kitty litter box.
This left two males at home, my younger 20 year old son and me. So now we have my wife, my daughter, a female cat named Maggie and the two men.
The cat will go through the laundry, pick out the articles of clothing worn by males, place them on the floor and pee on them. Yes that's right pee on them!!!!
So off I go to the SPCA to see if they have ever heard of such a thing. Between the guffaw and the tears of laughter the lady managed to get out that the cat was showing ownership. A sign of affection.
I love you let me soil your clothes! Oh boy I am so blessed. She wont pee on my daughters clothes, she wont pee on my wife's clothes, she wont even pee on my clean clothes. Only the clothes my son or I have worn. Well the solution is to put the clothes into a hamper where she cannot get to them, just don't leave them on the floor after you have sorted the laundry out for washing.
Now comes the final hurdle. How the heck do you get the smell of cat pee out of your clothes. I guess I shouldn't really complain. It does prove I have animal magnetism!! :-)


the solution is oxygen cleaners....works great.....yes we still have the cat.

2 Comments:

At 5:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it! Cats do have an extraordinary way of showing affection, don't they? LOL

Our cat, Cheetah, soon picked out a special blankie for himself. It had been mine. I used to sit on the couch, wrapped up in it or in my glider rocker with it on my lap. I'm guessing it smelled very strongly of me. That cat lies down on it and *nurses* on it!

Cats, who can figure them out? ;-)

 
At 5:36 AM, Blogger Babs said...

I love it! Cats do have an extraordinary way of showing affection, don't they? LOL

Our cat, Cheetah, soon picked out a special blankie for himself. It had been mine. I used to sit on the couch, wrapped up in it or in my glider rocker with it on my lap. I'm guessing it smelled very strongly of me. That cat lies down on it and *nurses* on it!

Cats, who can figure them out? ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home